Im not sure if I can call these cookies , they have the rich buttery oatmeal cookie factor but they are also dense and almost fudge like. I suppose I could have called them PBnJ thumbprint fudge bites but bites aren’t supposed to have thumbprints are they? Honestly, I don’t know. All I know is it doesn’t matter what you call them as long as you make them!
I was in the mood for some PBnJ (haha! I’m always in the mood for some pbnj) but I wanted something richer. I know right , who wants something richer than a pbnj? That would be me! Sometimes you just need to be indulgent, healthy indulgent. Keep in mind that they are high in fat due to the peanut butter and coconut oil so just try not to eat them all in one go. K?
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 3Tbs cup oat flour (you can replace the 3Tbs of oat flour with almond meal if you like)
- 3 Tbs vanilla, peanut butter or unflavoured whey protein powder
- 5 packets of stevia or sweetener of choice
- 2 tsp of your favourite sugar free jelly (I use St. Dalfour no sugar added strawberry jam)
- Melt the coconut oil and peanut butter and combine.
- Add ¼ cup of the oat flour first and combine, then add sweetener.
- Now add the rest of the oat flour and protein powder. Combine till you reach a cookie dough consistency. If its too soft to shape you can either add more oat flour or put it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Shape into balls and push a thumbprint into each ball.
- Spoon ¼ of a teaspoon of jelly into each cookie. Place them into a fridge for about an hour to firm up and enjoy!