I know what you’re thinking.. Isn’t there already a banana bread recipe on this blog? Yes, there is. BUT.. one can never have too many banana bread recipes. At least that’s the way I look at it. This is a basic banana bread recipe.. no protein powder, no chocolate chips, no peanut butter, no nuts .. just good ol’ banana bread.
I make mine in two small loaf pans because i don’t own a regular large loaf pan.. yet. If you have one go ahead and use it but adjust baking times accordingly.
- ¾ cup oat flour
- 2 Tbs xylitol
- 2 Tbs muscovado sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- salt to taste
- 2 medium sized ripe bananas (ripe bananas are sweeter and have a stronger flavour)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbs low fat/skim milk
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- ¼ tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Spray two small loaf pans (or one large one) with non stick cooking spray.
- Blend the bananas, egg, coconut oil and milk in the blender or with a hand a held blender. You could do this by hand but you may end up with small chunks of banana.
- Mix together the oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, xylitol and sugar.
- Pour the banana-egg mixture into the flour. Whisk it until all the ingredients are combined.
- Divide the batter between the two baking tins and bake for 30 minutes.
- I either have mine chilled with cold milk or warm, with some maple-almond butter and tea 🙂