This is the first healthy thing I ever baked. And its still a favourite. The simplest ones come out the best. It is what it says in the name.. baked oatmeal. And its delicious!
What’s great about this recipe is you can add almost everything to it. It goes beautifully with red cherries with a thinly sliced apple, banana and coconut(top photograph), peanut butter with coconut, blueberries with white chocolate chips, raspberries with dark chocolate chips, Sliced bananas with a lot of dark brown sugar and peanut butter chips(second photograph), the combinations are endless! I usually bake it the night before because I think its tastes better cold. Leave it to cool on the counter then put it in the fridge overnight.
- 2 cups oats (200g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- stevia to taste ( I add around 10 packets)
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- 1½ cups of skim/low fat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: 1 banana to top, sliced apple, ½ cup cherries, ½ cup chocolate chips, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line an 8x8'' pan with foil for easy removal. spray the foil with non-stick spray.
- add the dry ingredients to a large bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Fold in any extra toppings.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Let it cool completely in the pan for a few hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Makes 9 large servings.