I must confess I feel a little silly writing this recipe down because it’s SO ridiculously simple and easy! As you can see in the title, one serving is only 130 calories and it tastes great.. something like a cross between thick vanilla pudding and crustless milk tart.. Yum!
- 1 scoop vanilla casein powder (I like Dymatize and ON)
- 2 Tbs non fat milk
- ¼ cup hot water
- ⅛th tsp vanilla extract
- Sprinkling of cinnamon (optional but it gives the pudding the milk tart taste)
- Mix together all the ingredients until completely smooth.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon on top.
- For a warm custard-y pudding eat it straight after making it but if you want a set style pudding like mine then leave it in the fridge for at least an hour before eating 🙂
Why it’s good for you:
Casein is a slow-digesting protein found in dairy products. A fast-digesting protein after hitting the gym is good to replenish your muscles’ energy stores, however, casein’s slower digesting speed makes it a better choice for a pre-bedtime snack because it will keep your stomach from rumbling through the night and prevent you feeling like a starving bear just out of hibernation when you wake up.